While I visited Portugal, I explored a whole new kitchen. To be honest, I didn’t expect much at first, but the least you expect, the more you get. There were many amazing foods which made my taste buds get crazy. One of my favourite foods there was bacalhau a bras, which I tried to reproduce here at home. You are welcome to see, how did I succeed. 🙂
What is necessary?
-oil, pepper, salt
-black olives and parsley for decorations
-2 onions, 1 garlic
- Having soaked the salt cod, remove the skin and bones, and break it apart with your hands.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into matchsticks and the onion into fine rings.
- Fry the potatoes in a pan and set them to one side, drying them on kitchen paper.
- At the same time, in a deep pan, sweat the onions and garlic until golden, then add the pieces of salt cod, and cook for a few minutes, until it soaks up the oil.
- At this stage, add the potatoes and stir whilst adding the lightly beaten eggs with salt and pepper.
- Stir for a few minutes, turning off the heat before the eggs solidify and become an omelette!
- Serve hot, with parsley and black olives.